Verve Group is looking for a highly analytical and communicative individual to occupy the Business Analytics Manager role within the Marketplace Operations business unit. Reporting to the VP, Marketplace Operations, the individual in this role will be responsible for managing towards high-level business objectives, specifically related to yield and profit maximization as well as supply (publisher) and demand (advertiser and DSP) performance requirements. The ideal candidate will have an ease and fluency in extracting business insights from large, varied data sets in order to identify, propose, and implement recommendations to support strategic decision making of senior leadership. The position entails working hand-in-hand in a consultative capacity with multiple internal teams across Verve Group – from Supply, RevOps, Sales, Product, Engineering, and Account Management – as well as working as an expert on all aspects of the supply/demand lifecycle to both external clients and vendors. As such, the self-starting individual with excellent communication, writing, and time management skills – as well as significant mathematical and analytical aptitude – will excel in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage yield, performance, and revenue of Verve’s Advertising Cloud, identifying opportunities for growth and areas of risk, troubleshooting issues while meeting financial goals of the company.
- Manage and support ad-hoc projects to troubleshoot, provide insights and strategic recommendations, and provide recommendations for process improvement across teams and departments
- Support internal/external Supply and Demand teams in an analytical capacity, translating changes in key metrics and KPIs to one or many root causes.
- Gather and validate reporting requirements/needs by partnering with a wide-range of internal business units to develop well-organized, insightful reports and dashboards built in a variety of tools, including Tableau.
- Develop and codify process and documentation for scalable, efficient data analytics support.
- Identify and drive ongoing opportunities for business and process transformation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years’ work experience in an online advertising or in an analytical capacity.
- A passion for and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity.
- An understanding of business “context,” the ability to see the big picture within the day-to-day.
- Data modeling and visualization experience in Tableau or other similar analytical suites.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, experience with SQL.
- An ability to absorb new information quickly, identify the right (but not necessarily “best”) solution out of many, and execute efficiently without significant oversight.
- Comfort working in a fluid, fast-paced environment that couples multi-tasking with tight deadlines.
- Experience working with product/development teams.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Presentation skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.