Verve’s Data Science team drives the rapid evolution of our platform, leveraging massive amounts of data and the power of machine learning to simultaneously refine and expand our understanding of consumer behavior. Our data scientists are tasked with turning Verve’s data into actionable insights that inform new audiences, targeting capabilities, and metrics with the goal of delivering greater value to both our advertisers and publishers.
WHO WE ARE…
Verve™ uses Movement Science™ to successfully connect brands with their customers across smartphones, digital out-of-home, connected TV, and the many emerging screens of the modern consumer journey. Our proprietary location intelligence, patented technology, premium inventory, and analytics capabilities empower marketers to reach consumers with mobile ad experiences that drive engagement and sales in the digital and physical worlds. A pioneer in mobile marketing, we hire the smartest, most innovative people in the industry and work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
YOU ARE… an accomplished data science professional with hands-on experience extracting and designing insights that drive efficient business decisions and inform successful products. You thrive as a member of small, nimble team and delight in using your expertise to mine meaningful, tangible solutions from large and often messy volumes of data.
- Develop techniques to discover patterns in mobile device location data.
- Develop segmentation models for ad targeting.
- Develop frameworks to safeguard data integrity and quality.
- Develop methods to leverage datasets from external sources.
- Develop real-time algorithms for campaign optimization.
- Design experiments, evaluate the quality of derived assets, and develop a roadmap for continuous improvement.
- Work with engineering and operational teams in the adoption of the derived assets for ad targeting, pre-sales/post-sales analysis, and reporting.
- A strong mathematical and statistical background; M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, operations research) or 4+ years of experience in a relevant role.
- Fluency in statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in analytical tools such as R, Matlab, etc.
- Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytical problems.
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data, communicate, and recommend actions.
- A hands-on, self-motivated, diligent, and reliable approach to your work.
- Desire to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience with online advertising, mobile technologies, and location services a huge plus.
- Experience with building predictive models for ad targeting, segmentation of algorithms a strong plus.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter!