New York City, Carlsbad
The Engineering team is focused on the design and iterative development of the software that drives Verve’s core offerings. This role is dedicated to the ongoing development and support of the Verve SDK for iOS and Android. The individual will be directly responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality software components.
WHO WE ARE…
Verve™ uses Movement Science™ to successfully connect brands with their customers across smartphones, digital out-of-home, connected TV, and the many emerging screens of the modern consumer journey. Our proprietary location intelligence, patented technology, premium inventory, and analytics capabilities empower marketers to reach consumers with mobile ad experiences that drive engagement and sales in the digital and physical worlds. A pioneer in mobile marketing, we hire the smartest, most innovative people in the industry and work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
YOU ARE… passionate about full stack requirements and familiar with each layer but with a focus on iOS and Android application development. You are independently motivated and are comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams. You understand iterative, incremental process and enjoy developing efficient and optimal solutions that are continually enhanced in the interest of building the best product possible.
- Build excellent mobile applications for the iOS and Android ecosystems.
- Function as Verve’s internal center of knowledge on Google and Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Gather functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and design test plans.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, test, deploy and support.
- Design and develop prototypes and proofs of concept (POCs).
- Conduct expert unit testing and integration testing for mobile and web applications.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: Product Management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the project.
- A BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- A solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application.
- Experience with delivering libraries and SDKs for iOS and Android ecosystems.
- Strong experience with any of the following languages: Java, GO, Objective C, Swift.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of software design/architecture principles and processes.
- A demonstrated passion for developing well-architected, elegant, iOS/Android or hybrid ReactNative apps running on both iPhone and Android.
- Solid communication skills including a demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The capacity to work independently on complex software engineering assignments.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and driving root-cause analysis of incidents in both production and development environments.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum/Kanban development methodologies.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter!