APP-ADS.TXT HAS ARRIVED
On March 13, 2019, the IAB Tech Lab released the final version of the app-ads.txt specification. An extension of the of the original ads.txt standard, app-ads.txt enables mobile and over-the-top app publishers to declare who is authorized to sell their inventory, creating transparency in the supply chain and making it harder for bad actors to profit from selling counterfeit inventory.
Verve has been an active part of the conversation to bring app-ads.txt to market and we’re excited to work with all supply partners on adopting this new standard.
Here’s how to get started:
Ensure “developer website” field in app store (e.g., Google Play, Apple App Store, Roku Store) published with a current URL
Create a .txt file named “app-ads.txt” and add Verve entries below to the “app-ads.txt” file
– verve.com, ACCOUNT ID, DIRECT, 0c8f5958fc2d6270 #Verve (Account ID may obtained from Verve Account Manager)
– rubiconproject.com, 15278, RESELLER, 0bfd66d529a55807 #Verve
– pubmatic.com, 156517, RESELLER, 5d62403b186f2ace #Verve
– spotxchange.com, 234183, RESELLER, 7842df1d2fe2db34 #Verve
– spotx.tv, 234183, RESELLER, 7842df1d2fe2db34 #Verve
– openx.com, 540543195, RESELLER, 6a698e2ec38604c6 #Verve
– sabio.us, 100032, RESELLER, 96ed93aaa9795702 #Verve
– inmobi.com, c1e6d3502da64ebaa3ad0e4a4be15f11, RESELLER, 83e75a7ae333ca9d # Verve
Upload “app-ads.txt” file onto the root directory of the “developer website” URL referenced in Step 1
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt is an extension of ads.txt to mobile and over-the-top video apps, providing a way for publishers to declare who is authorized to sell their inventory.
What is the benefit of app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt creates greater transparency in the supply chain and makes it harder for bad actors to profit from selling counterfeit inventory.
How does it work?
App-ads.txt relies on the app stores’ webpage of a given app to find the legitimate publisher’s website/domain. In the bid request, the app will be identified by its “Bundle ID” and the mobile OS by the “Store ID.” These two pieces of information enable the buyer to find the app store page of that app and the meta-data of the page will contain the list of authorized sellers of the app.
[pardot-form height=”600″ id=”6383″ title=”Verve Marketplace Landing page”]